Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Reads for 12 Oct 2012


A Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy)

This week I'm reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness.

I'm plodding through this because the book is giant and I know there's going to be a ton of stuff to build up to any actual stuff happening. There's a lot of detail that makes me zone out a bit but it's not uninteresting. Since I haven't read a book like this, I wanted to give it an honest try. I renewed my loan at the library today so I have the rest of October to take a chunk out of it.

Seriously, I'm only at page 50 or so now. I understand what people mean by it being hard to connect to the narration. While it's told in first person, it's not very personal. I mean, it was Chapter 5 before anyone said anything about Diana's eye colour being blue-gold. Her job seem cool to me though, in my humble opinion. Study old manuscripts all day? Yes, please!

Also, I must include my Friday Finds via Should Be Reading, “where you share the book titles you discovered or heard about during the past week.”

This week, I found:


  

Breathe by Sara Crossan and Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday both via Epic Reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment