Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Reads for 5 Oct 2012


Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl Novel)

This Friday, I’m reading Gossip Girl Book 1 by Cecily von Ziegesar.

I've tried to read this many times before but now that I've bought it, lost it, then paid to have the book put on hold (and waited a month), I need to get through it this time.

It's a very quick, easy read. It's typical high school drama except these kids are rich. They smoke, drink, sleep around, etc. Nothing very redeemable about any of them except the relationship between Selena and Blair. I like that Selena is this perfect girl everyone admires and Blair’s been absolutely fine without her around despite the fact that they were BFFs before.

I just finished Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, Book 5) by Sara Shepard so I will finally have to do a review of the PLL series that I’ve read so far (the story continues throughout anyway.)

Along with my Friday Reads entry, I’d like to include another event suggest by Should Be Reading called Friday Finds, “where you share the book titles you discovered or heard about during the past week.”

This week, I found a book to add to my To Read list:


The Innocents by Lili Peloquin

I also discovered that there’s a new, controversial genre of books called NA, or New Adult. You can read a blog post on the subject and find discussions about it on Twitter (as I stumbled upon it last night) via #NALitChat.

No comments:

Post a Comment