Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Reads for 26 Oct 2012


Anna and the French Kiss

This week I'm reading Anna and the French Kiss. While I don't go ga-ga over romance novels, this story is really cute. I like the 1st person point of view, the lack of paranormal themes, and the European setting. I like that Anna has never, ever discussed how "beautiful" she is but we know she is through St. Claire's dialogue.

I like that Anna has interests in film. She enjoys the history of Paris, she's friends with the nerds at school, and she doesn't want to make her feelings for St. Claire hurt anyone. I like her character and that's important for a reader. She has a distinct voice and I applaud Stephanie Perkins's talent as a writer.

Friday Finds via Should Be Reading, “where you share the book titles you discovered or heard about during the past week” --

I found L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad many times but I never put two and two together. I had seen her Style book at the library and recognized her but didn't realize she was from The Hills (even though I have actually seen the show before.)

Epic Reads' newsletter announced her new Beauty book but I was more interested in Starstruck: A Fame Game Novel.

I put L.A. Candy on my Kindle from the library. I'm just super curious now that I know someone from The Hills is using their fame and brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment